Google analytics 4 is replacing universal analytics
Google Ads is a powerful advertising platform that enables businesses to reach their target audience and drive conversions. However, without proper tracking and analysis, it can be difficult to understand how your advertising campaigns are performing and where to make improvements. This is where Google Analytics 4 (GA4) comes in. GA4 is the latest version of Google Analytics, which provides powerful insights into user behavior and engagement on your website, as well as how your advertising campaigns are performing. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of connecting your Google Ads account with Google Analytics 4, so you can better track the performance of your advertising campaigns and make data-driven decisions.
Step 1: Set up a Google Analytics 4 Property
Before you can connect your Google Ads account to GA4, you’ll need to create a Google Analytics 4 property. To do this, log in to your Google Analytics account and select “Admin” from the left-hand menu. From there, click on “Create Property” and follow the prompts to set up your GA4 property. Once you’ve created your property, you can move on to the next step.
Step 2: Link your Google Ads account to your GA4 property
To link your Google Ads account to your GA4 property, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google Ads account and click on “Tools & Settings” in the top right corner.
- Under the “Setup” column, click on “Linked accounts” and then select “Google Analytics.”
- On the “Google Analytics linking” page, click on “Set up link” next to the GA4 property you want to link to your Google Ads account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the linking process. You’ll need to select the Google Ads account you want to link to your GA4 property and choose the GA4 property you want to link it to.
- Once you’ve completed the linking process, make sure that auto-tagging is enabled in your Google Ads account. This will ensure that your advertising data is tracked correctly in GA4.
Step 3: Set up conversion tracking in Google Ads
Once your Google Ads account is linked to your GA4 property, you can start tracking the performance of your advertising campaigns in GA4. To do this, you’ll need to set up conversion tracking in Google Ads. Conversion tracking allows you to see which of your ads are driving the most conversions, so you can optimize your campaigns accordingly.
To set up conversion tracking in Google Ads, follow these steps:
- Click on “Tools & Settings” in the top right corner of your Google Ads account.
- Under the “Measurement” column, click on “Conversions.”
- Click on the “plus” icon to create a new conversion action.
- Follow the prompts to set up your conversion action. You’ll need to specify the type of conversion you want to track, such as a purchase or a form submission, and provide the relevant details.
- Once you’ve set up your conversion action, you can start tracking conversions in GA4.
Connecting your Google Ads account to Google Analytics 4 is essential for gaining insights into the performance of your advertising campaigns. By following these steps, you can link your accounts and start tracking the performance of your campaigns in GA4. With the powerful data and insights provided by GA4, you can make data-driven decisions to optimize your campaigns and drive better results. So take the time to connect your accounts today and start unlocking the full potential of your advertising campaigns.
We would love to hear from you!
We are always happy to help. Just fill out the contact form, and our experienced team of SEO specialists will get back to you within 24 hours!
Please send us your website address so that we can check it out!
Get free SEO Audit worth £100